Monday, April 28, 2008

Flowers on my Wall...

Back in 2006, I came across this amazing wallpaper (on left) in Domino's Magazine. I fell in love with it. Below right, from Domino's archives is another glimpse of the wallpapered bedroom photographed by Gemma Comas. I did think it was way too much, over the top by having all of the the walls covered with this wallpaper. I thought it would be totally cool to have it on just one wall, have "fake" frame around it. But unfortunately for me, I live in an apartment where I absolutely cannot have wallpaper, let alone paint my walls!


Since I couldn't make any changes to my walls, I quickly forgotten all about it until I saw it again on Donald Trump's TV show, Apprentice 4. I saw it in a frame, rather than on the walls. I thought it was absolutely brilliant! I could easily just do that, frame the gorgeous wallpaper, rather than pasting it on a wall! I knew right there and then, I had to have it!


Luckily for me, I got all of the information from the the show's website (It is Clarence House's "Flowering Quince") but one thing was against me, I couldn't just buy it from Clarence House, I had to buy it through decorators or through a wallpaper store that sells Clarence House. I spent the next 4 months trying to find this wallpaper, I was bent on having this!


Thanks to my fabulous sister, who works in NYC, and knew a lot of people was able to track down this wallpaper for me. She got it for me as an early Christmas present! I was so excited about the wallpaper but sadly, I didn't have the right frame that I wanted.


But about one month later, I went to Jordan's Furniture and came across this really ugly white frame with an ugly picture in it but it was the perfect size and the price couldn't be beat! I got my father involved and together we were able to rip the picture out and replace it with the wallpaper of my dream. I spray painted it textured black. My father and I got it all back together and it has a great home right in my Asian inspired living room (see below). I absolutely love it!

1 comment:

Matt said...

You need to activate the email feature. Make it easy for us to direct people to this post.